WELCOME TO THE MERSHAM WITH SEVINGTON PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
Mersham is a small village 3 miles east of Ashford (pop. 1022 at the last Census). It was owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury for over 500 years. St. John Baptist Church stands on an Anglo-Saxon site and is part Norman. The village has two water mills on the East Stour river, one of which is still working and open to the public. Hatch Park, to the north of the parish, is an ancient deer park and Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Sevington (pop. 354) is recorded in the Domesday Book. St Mary’s Church is of Norman origin and was altered about 1200 and in the 14th century. In recent years there have been many changes in Sevington due to the building of the Ashford Business and Orbital Parks. The latter includes the new Ashford livestock market.